Delta Sigma Pi community service always involves donation: we give our time, our talents, and our resources to build our communities and help others.
When you're planning a community service event for your chapter, keep the concept of donation in mind.
- Hold a food drive for a homeless shelter, food bank, or after-school program.
- Coordinate a supply drive to benefit a local charity.
- Collect gently used professional clothing to give to homeless shelters or homes for battered women. These donations help people in crisis to get jobs and have a significant impact on their families.
- Adopt a highway and commit to keeping your section of road clean.
- Start a chapter commitment to read to children at after-school programs or hospitals.
- Commit to volunteering with the elderly at assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
- Each alumni and collegiate chapter should designate a non-profit organization to support. Your chapter could make a financial donation or hold events to raise money for the organization. Whether supporting Delta Sigma Pi Leadership Foundation initiatives such as Buck$ 4 Brotherhood, one of the national service initiatives such as Ronald McDonald House Charities, or a different charity that is important to the chapter members, your chapter has the ability to make a significant impact.
- Make your support multi-faceted: give donations and also partner with your non-profit organization to raise community awareness, do service projects, and collect donation items to assist the organization or the people it helps.
- Check out Delta Sigma Pi fundraising resources for help and ideas.
Delta Sigma Pi's community service commitment is more than just lip service. Join the Fraternity in giving back to our communities and impacting our world.