Delta Sigma Pi recently developed a partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities® to support the mission of service to families affected by major illness.
With locations around the world—including 337 Ronald McDonald Houses, 202 Family Rooms, and 52 Care Mobiles—chances are you can find one near your chapter. Get in touch with a local facility to find out how your chapter can coordinate a community service project to help meet the location’s needs.
Even if there are no Ronald McDonald House locations in your area, your chapter can still participate by collecting pop tabs from soda cans. Pop tabs contain the highest density of aluminum in the can, and donations benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities.
In addition to pop tab drives, other community service events for the Ronald McDonald House initiative include:
- Cooking a meal for families staying at a Ronald McDonald House.
- Coordinate a yard work and maintenance weekend for the grounds of a Ronald McDonald House.
- Donate food or toys for a Ronald McDonald House wish list.
- Raise money to donate to Ronald McDonald House Charities.
When you're logging your community service events in the Hub
, be sure to include the total hours volunteered and use the following keywords to help us track our Ronald McDonald House activities:
- Use #PoptabRMHC for pop tab drives.
- Use #WishListRMHC for donations to Ronald McDonald House wish lists.
- Use #VolunteerRMHC for service projects benefitting Ronald McDonald House locations.
Let’s work together to make a difference for families dealing with serious illness and show Delta Sigma Pi’s support for Ronald McDonald House Charities.