Brother Competes in Miss Georgia University Pageant

Mar 10, 2017 – Kaylee Ewing, Georgia, recently competed in the Miss University of Georgia Pageant where she placed third runner up.

The pageant consisted of five rounds: a private interview (25 percent of overall), a lifestyle and fitness round (10 percent of overall), an on-stage question (20 percent of overall), a talent competition (30 percent of overall) and an evening gown (15 percent of overall).

Miss UGA2
Ewing plans to compete in more pageants which are qualifiers for the Miss USA competition.

For her talent section, Ewing performed an upbeat tap number to "Sing" by the acapella group Pentatonix. When asked about the Fraternity during her private interview, she said, "Being a member of Delta Sigma Pi here at UGA has given me the opportunity to find my niche. I have been fully accepted as a brother in the Fraternity and there is no better feeling than being a member of a university with 35,000 students but you have a home... a family... with the elite 120 business students in Delta Sigma Pi. Additionally, I have served as the social chair for my pledge class and am currently serving as the Director of Public Affairs for the chapter."

A Marketing major seeking a double major in Management Information Systems (MIS), Kaylee hopes to pursue a career in technical sales upon graduation. "I see a gap between those who understand the unique applications data management has in the business sector and those who make executive decisions for corporations. I aspire to bridge the gap by demonstrating the value data management technologies can contribute to business entities."

With a big heart and giving spirit, Kaylee stays very active within her community. As a sexual assault survivor, she volunteers with domestic violence and sexual assault shelters. "Awareness is only half of the battle we forge against sexual assault and domestic violence, while self-defense serves as a medium to instill confidence in victims and potential victims," says Ewing. In fact, she has hosted multiple self-defense seminars on and off campus.

When she is not volunteering, Ewing enjoys traveling and trying new restaurants and cuisine with her friends. When discussing pageants, she highlighted to always remember, "The odds are never in your favor, so if you compete in a pageant and walk away not having made any friends... you've done something wrong," a statement that speaks to the kind nature of her personality.

  • Deltasig Spotlight