It’s that belief in the power of investing to transform people’s lives that is at the heart of the company Chuck started over 40 years ago. And a belief we all share at Schwab today with millions of clients – people who also believe that personal engagement, a sense of ownership and a commitment to investing and the future can create personal freedom and security. It’s why we say “Own Your Tomorrow™.”
Every day our employees bring to life their passion to serve clients and one another. This spirit of service fosters client loyalty, keeps us engaged and makes Schwab a special place to work. And in return for their unparalleled service to clients, we offer our employees the opportunity to build meaningful careers centered on purpose, not solely on profit. Hear from Chuck himself:
Schwab is dedicated to building and maintaining a dynamic organization and culture that reflect the individual strengths of every person who is a part of the company. Through diversity we gain a wider range of perspectives and experiences, which benefits everyone and helps us ‘see through clients’ eyes.’ And by seeing our business through the eyes of our clients, we are able to deliver the best client experience possible. To learn more about Schwab’s diversity, please click HERE.
Helping build strong financial futures is our top priority. Through financial education programs, employee volunteerism, and community involvement, we strive to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work.
Charles Schwab Foundation provides financial support to a variety of charities and community events selected by Schwab employees.
To learn more about our community efforts, please click HERE.
- $4+ million given annually to directly support nonprofit organizations
- 2,200+ nonprofit organizations received financial support in 2014
- $3.27 million given in employee gifts and matching donations in 2014
- Approximately $150,000+ given in employee board-service grants in 2014
Schwab Financial Consultant Academy
It has long been our belief that the service we offer our clients sets us apart from our competitors. As we plan for significant growth in the future, maintaining a strong network of financial consultants who see the world Through Clients’ Eyes remains a high priority.
The Schwab Financial Consultant Academy is a developmental rotational program that prepares individuals for a career as a financial consultant in one of our branches. We’re looking for a select group of recent college graduates who can earn a spot on our team.
The rotational program takes place over 18 to 24 months and is based in one of our major service centers. Through the Schwab Financial Consultant Academy, you will:
- Earn credentials by studying and sitting for brokerage registration exams
- Experience the securities industry firsthand as part of a service center team
- Learn how to provide world-class service to clients over the phone while building market expertise in preparation for building individual client relationships
- Develop consultative skills through a needs-based process to provide helpful and relevant solutions to clients
- Develop your skills with help from a hands-on manager and mentor/coach who will assist with navigation through the Academy and your transition to a role in a Schwab branch
Successful academy graduates will be offered a position at a Schwab branch and may be required to relocate.
To learn more about the Schwab Financial Consultant Academy, please click HERE.
Schwab Intern Academy
Schwab Intern Academy provides juniors, rising seniors, and graduate students the opportunity to experience Schwab’s culture of service while challenging themselves through a structured blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects.
The 9 Week Intern Academy
- Offers a meaningful summer experience by working on real business projects that help us meet our clients' needs
- Provides a holistic, cohesive and structured blend of business-specific experiences ("tracks") and a shared learning curriculum ("cohorts")
- Business tracks are meaningful projects that contribute to Schwab's success
- Cohort groups meet together to learn about Schwab's purpose, brand, and our focus on client advocacy and community service; about Schwab's values and culture and why this is a great place to work; about individual strengths and how to leverage those strengths in a professional environment; how to spend, manage, and invest your money wisely; and how to plan your career journey
- Cohorts perform many group activities together, including real Schwab business case development and volunteering in the community
- Each Schwab intern is supported by a direct leader, a peer mentor, and human resource professionals, and also has connections with senior leaders
The 2015 Schwab Intern Academy includes positions in Retirement Plan Services, Technology, Stock Plan Services, Asset Management, Finance, Audit and Schwab Bank.
To learn more about the Schwab Intern Academy, please click HERE.
Should you be interested in exploring other opportunities with Schwab, including but not limited to Technology, Corporate Support or Operations, please check out our JOB SEARCH page.
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog
Brokerage Products: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of securities, brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), Member SIPC, offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products.
Schwab Advisor Services™ serves independent investment advisors and includes the custody, trading, and support services of Schwab. Independent investment advisors are not owned, affiliated with, or supervised by Schwab. Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. and Schwab Retirement Plan Services Company provide recordkeeping and related services with respect to retirement plans.